Support the Library
The Saxton B. Little Free Library is thankful for the plentiful and varied support provided to us by the community and thank all of those who, in their own way, help us.
There are many ways to help support the Library:
1. Volunteer Opportunities: There are many happenings at the Library. If you have some free time, check our volunteer page or contact us with ideas. Please click here for more information.
2. Serve on a Board subcommittee: The governing Board of the Library has several subcommittees that are actively seeking community involvement. If you have expertise or interest in the following, please contact the Library: fundraising, planned giving, communications, publicity.
3. Adopt an Author: If you have a favorite author and want to share them, join our adopted author program. Please click here for more information.
4. Support the Friends: Like the Library, the Friends of SBL are an independent 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. Become a member, visit the book sale or donate books or become more involved. Please click here for more information.
5. Remembrance Donations: Be it a happy occasion, such as a birthday, a sad occasion such as a memorial or just a way to say I’m thinking of you, by giving a remembrance donation to the Library you will be helping us and making a lasting contribution. Materials purchased as a remembrance are plated with honoring information and the recipient or their family is notified of your gift to the Library. Please click here for an easy to fill our form.
6. Support the Library Fund: Monetary or gifts of assets may be donated to the Library’s endowment providing you with a current year tax break and helping us assure our future. Please contact the Library if you have questions or see our donation page.
7. Annual Giving: Every fall you receive a letter from the Library asking you to support our annual giving campaign. This campaign generally helps us support our operating costs throughout the year, helping us to purchase new materials and provide programs. We thank all of you for your support. Click here for more information about our annual giving campagin.
6. Planned Giving opportunities: Leave a legacy by naming us in your will or as a beneficiary. The process is easy and can help us immeasurably in the future. Please click here for more information.
As an association library, the Saxton B. Little Library is an independent 501(c) 3 non-profit corporation with a voluntary governing Board of Directors. About 85 to 90% of operating income is paid by a town grant, as we voluntarily serve at the public library for the Columbia community, charging no membership or other fees for use. The remaining needed funds for both annual operating expenses and long term security or capital needs come from grants and the generous support of people like you.