Patrons Need to Know:
- Children younger than 1st grade are asked to stay home. (Because we love our kids and our grandparents!)
- Patrons are encouraged to come alone or with only one family member. (Space is limited and social distancing tight. Fewer family members will help us to accommodate more Browsers.)
- All patrons are REQUIRED to wear a mask and engage in social distancing AT ALL TIMES. (Note this is non-negotiable.)
- Due to social distancing, we have a limit of 10 patrons allowed in the Library at one time. Patrons may be asked by staff to wait outside and enter when someone leaves.
- If a patron (of any age) does not follow the Library’s code of conduct, rules, or safety requests, the patron will be asked to leave. Refusing to comply may result in more significant response, including loss of library privileges or calling the police.
Please note that Browsing the Library will be a different experience than you are used to:
- All browsing will take place in the large main room of the Library. New and featured materials will be on display.
- Stacks and Children’s area are accessible to staff only.
- No public rest rooms will be available.
- Magazines will be available by reserve only.
- If you wish for an item not on display, staff will take your request and if available will retrieve the item or place it on reserve of you. Likewise, we are always happy to look something up or make a suggestion.
- All returns must be made in the book drops, outside the building. (Note: Fines are still discontinued and book returns are still being quarantined.)
We thank you for your continued support and for following our rules. We know we all share the goal of keeping our community safe and preventing the spread of Covid-19, so that we may return to ‘normal’ sooner. Please continue to monitor the website should our situation need to change.
If you have questions or need to contact us, please call the Library at 860-228-0350.
Watch here for more information or sign up for our newsletter to be e-mailed directly. Sign up to your left.